Virtually every car maker now uses water based paints. It is not possible to achieve a sufficient gloss with water based paints. In addition, all currently used UV absorbers and HALS (hindered amine light stabilisers) volatilise and are lost from the coating over time and migrate into the base coat or even into the substrate. This leaves the paint unprotected against fading and oxidation. This is true of all paint systems used in automotive manufacturing.
- Protects against acid attacks (such as bird droppings - and even brake fluid!!)
- Protects against salt spray. Protects against TAR. Provides true UV filtration
- Reduces cohesion on painted surface - keeps you car cleaner! Blocks out corrosion
- Removes of swirl marks, scratches, and orange peel in the clear coat
- Increases resale value. Protects against fading
- Paint matching in case of panel repairs is more accurate.